Top Line: Getting to know Nonis; Habs lose one fan fave and gain another
By Sarah Kwak
An annotated guide to this morning’s short list of must-read hockey stories:
• Who is Dave Nonis? Steve Simmons profiles the Maple Leafs GM.
• The Canadiens say goodbye to one fan favorite, Colby Armstrong, but make room for another, Danny Briere, who skated in his Canadiens sweater for the first time in Montreal on Saturday. The Montreal Gazette's Dave Stubbs talks with both.
• Ageless wonder Teemu Selanne hit the ice in Finland and will have to decide whether to come back or retire pretty soon.
• Snoop Dogg in a Nordiques sweater. That is all.
• Hockey Canada's evaluation camp for their world junior team opens today, and coach Brent Sutter is excited to bring the country back to the top.
• Stars forward Antoine Roussel had to change his number this summer. A fan teased him about the change, and Roussel felt so bad he promised to cover the number change for any fan who bought his old No. 60 jersey.
• Former goalie Kevin Weekes gives his two cents on Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo and his situation in Vancouver.
• The Rangers haven't made much effort or progress with looming contract extensions for stars like goalie Henrik Lundqvist, captain Ryan Callahan and steady defenseman Dan Girardi.
• The Sharks will be different this year. Yep, this again.• video campaign this video