An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• That guy driving the Zamboni looks awfully familiar...
• Great piece here by Larry Brooks on how the the Devils have been reduced to treading water by poor asset management, lousy drafting and sub-par player development.
• This trade made the Blues the best team in the NHL.
• Bruce Garrioch looks at how West Point could re-shape the Panthers, Team Canada reserves, some NHL trade rumors and more in this week's Sunday column.
• One good reason that Aaron Ekblad could go first overall in this summer's NHL draft: the Oilers could end up with the pick and they desperately need a big, rangy defenseman. Not convinced? Here are four more reasons, just for good measure.
• The Flames scored! Note: this is no a story from last season.
• Ken Campbell looks back at former Boston Bruin Don Gallinger and his role in the biggest scandal in NHL history.
• Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish aren't going anywhere, fan frustration in Edmonton notwithstanding. But would it be too much to ask for the Oilers braintrust to show a little urgency in their efforts to get the franchise out of the cellar?
• Dave Nonis has said he won't sack coach Randy Carlyle, or trade prospects to help dig the Leafs out of their swoon. So what exactly is he he willing to do?Steven Stamkos the hypocrisy of the advanced stats geeks