An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Nick Cotsonika reported late Friday that Guinness officials would not certify the attendance at the Winter Classic as a new world record. Enough tickets were sold to break the mark, but bad weather kept just enough people away from the Big House to scuttle the league's chances at the mark.
• A seventh straight loss should have the Caps considering the option of breaking up a failed nucleus. The player who should be on the move? According to Mike Wise, it is Mike Green.
• The strong play of Anton Khudobin is forcing the Hurricanes to re-consider their long-term goalie plans. Here's the problem: even if they go with the newcomer, how do they divest themselves of veteran Cam Ward?
• Nick Lidstrom says Sweden has a clear advantage heading into Sochi. In a short tournament like this, it's hard to argue with his logic.
• Keeping the same shoulder and elbow pads since your junior days is one thing, but this is pretty disgusting.
• This 30-year old contract stipulation explains why the Rangers will play as the road team for both outdoor games.
• Did you grab one of those controversial "Free Torts" t-shirts? Looks like they're about to become a collector's item.Colin Campbell an embarrassment to the league