An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Roberto Luongo let everyone back in Vancouver know that he hadn't forgotten them by trolling his old team during their 6-1 loss to the Stars. Is there a word for something that's funny and depressing at the same time?
• Was Thursday night the beginning of the end for John Tortorella? The Canucks played like a team that was trying to get its coach fired.
• Here's a look at Lidstrom's number being raised to the rafters of Joe Louis Arena:
• Detroit wasn't only honoring its former captain. The Wings were saying goodbye to an era of excellence.
• We have to assume the meetings were held after Vinik received a top-secret trade request application from Marty.
• Here's The Onion having fun with the proliferation of outdoor games.Phlappy Phil