1 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI (Baddeley); Michale J.LeBrech/1 Deuce 3 Photography/SI (Mickelson, Choi, Sabbatini); Fred Vuich/SI (Woods, Stricker)
Six players have a mathematical chance of winning the FedEx Cup: Tiger Woods, Steve Stricker, Phil Mickelson, Rory Sabbatini, K.J. Choi and Aaron Baddeley (sort of). Here is what needs to happen for each player to win.
2 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: Tiger Woods
Current standing: first
Total Points: 112,733
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: Runner-up (2000, 2004, 2005)
• With a 3,133-point lead, Woods will win the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship.
• If Woods comes in second at the Tour Championship, and anyone other than Steve Stricker wins, Woods wins the Cup.
• Woods can also win the Cup if he comes in solo third and neither Stricker nor Mickelson wins the Tour Championship.
3 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Steve Stricker
Current standing: second
Total Points: 109,600
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T5th (1998)
• If Stricker wins the Tour Championship, he wins the FedEx Cup.
• If Stricker comes in solo second at the Tour Championship, he can still win the Cup if Woods does not finish better than fourth and Mickelson does not win.
4 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Phil Mickelson
Current standing: third
Total Points: 108,613
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: Winner (2000)
• In order to win the FedEx Cup, Mickelson has to win the Tour Championship and Woods must finish lower than solo second.
• If Woods finishes runner-up to Mickelson, Woods would win the FedEx Cup by 20 points.
5 of 7Fred Vuich/SI
Player: Rory Sabbatini
Current standing: fourth
Total Points: 103,588
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T10th (2004)
• For Sabbatini to win the FedEx Cup, he must win the Tour Championship, Woods must finish worse than a two-way tie for 13th, Stricker worse than a two-way tie for second, and Mickelson worse than solo second.
6 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: K.J. Choi
Current standing: fifth
Total Points: 103,100
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: T9th (2002)
• Choi wins the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship, Woods finishes 22nd or worse, Stricker finishes fourth or worse and Mickelson finishes worse than a two-way tie for second.
7 of 7Mike Ehrmann/SI
Player: Aaron Baddeley
Current standing: sixth
Total Points: 102,800
Best Finish at East Lake G.C.: first appearance
• Baddeley wins the FedEx Cup if he wins the Tour Championship, Mickelson finishes worse than a two-way tie for second, Stricker worse than third and Woods gets hit by a bus (or withdraws or skips the event).
You May Like
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!