Behind the MLS Ambition Rankings: Colorado Rapids
• How much money has your team spent in the past five years on youth development? How much in the past year?
Specific numbers are undisclosed.
• How many homegrown players have you signed? How many have played in MLS league games for your first team?
We have signed three homegrown players and we are proud to say that all three have played for the first team.
• Who pays to play on your youth teams? And how much do they pay?
They are players not considered full-time development academy players. All expenses related to competition and training
• How many season-ticket holders do you have? How many did you have in 2015?
We finished at nearly 6,000 and we expect to surpass this in 2016.
• Where does your first team train?
On site at Dick’s Sporting Good Park. It was built as a training field for the first team only.
• Do you have a model for integrating your academy with the first team? How closely do your academy teams resemble the way the first team trains and plays?
Game principles are consistent across levels but the game model is age-group dependent.
• What’s your philosophy on the use of technology in your training and preparation for matches?
We feel it is vital to achieving our short and long term goals.
• Who is your jersey sponsor? What’s your total income on sponsorships this season?
Transamerica, we don’t comment on specific revenues or sponsorship values.
• Local TV deal: How many of your games this season are shown on local television? How much is your local TV deal worth per season?
32 are currently scheduled on Altitude. The value is undisclosed.
• Local radio deal: How many of your games this season are broadcast on local radio? In English? In other languages?
All games will be broadcast locally in English and Spanish.
• How many front-office employees does your team have? How many have you added or subtracted in the past year?
Around 60. We are continuing to expand in a controlled way,
• Have you hired any additional technical staff over the past year to reduce doubling-up roles? Are you planning on expanding your technical staff in the near future?
Yes, we continue to add staff in order to maximize efficiency.