By Will Yoder
March 27, 2012

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan says that Bart Scott will return to the team in 2012, according to the New York Daily News.

“Why wouldn’t (he be back)?” Ryan said. “I know everything is reported or whatever… I can say this: I've had great discussions with Bart. He’s got his weight down. He felt that he probably got a little too heavy last year.”

Last month, Scott was given permission to seek a trade from New York. The 31-year-old linebacker was not satisfied with the reduced playing time he saw in 2011, when the Jets went 8-8. The veteran still has three years remaining on his six-year, $48 million contract.

Following last season, Scott was fined $10,000 for giving a photographer the middle finger in the team’s locker room.

You May Like