By 90Min
July 24, 2017

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has rubbished claims that want-away striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is on his way to China in January, claiming that news like this is misleading fans.

The Gabon international has made his intentions to leave Dortmund clear. After winning last season's Bundesliga golden boot, the 28-year-old has been open about his desire for a new challenge, and as a result Aubameyang has been constantly linked with moves to European heavyweights such as Chelsea, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

Lintao Zhang/GettyImages

However, whilst talk of such movement has seemingly cooled over the last week or so, German reports have claimed that the striker will stay with his current club this summer before making a €70m move to Chinese outfit Tianjin Quanjian in January.


But now sporting director Zorc has denied those claims:

"There are no talks, there are no negotiations, there are not even any signs", he told Kicker.  "This is the fan misled, because you can only get to the head.

"This is a surprisingly new quality in the reporting, unfortunately no positive, if such claims are maintained even after a clear denial."

While Aubameyang may be keen on a move to the rich shores of the Chinese Super League, the transfer would come at a great cost to the Asian outfit.

Due to new foreign player rules introduced in China, Tianjin Quanjian would have to pay 100% tax on Aubameyang should he move - which would take the told fee for the Chinese side to €140m. €70m for Dortmund, and €70m for the Chinese footballing government.

​​

You May Like