It was a busy day in the Premier League as four of the top five teams faced against each other on an action-packed Sunday. But the most entertaining match, however, was at Goodison Park where Everton came back from 2-0 down to beat Watford. 

By 90Min
November 05, 2017

It was a busy day in the Premier League as four of the top five teams faced against each other on an action-packed Sunday. 

It all started in London as Tottenham Hotspur defeated an organized Crystal Palace at Wembley Stadium thanks to Son Heung-min, whose goal meant he became the all-time Asian goal scorer in the Premier League. The second match gave us an entertaining affair as Manchester City secured its ninth straight league victory with a 3-1 win against Arsenal.

The final two matches saw Chelsea beat Manchester United at Stamford Bridge thanks to Alvaro Morata's powerful header and a thrilling encounter at Goodison Park where Everton came back from two goals down to beat Watford.

Read up on all the action below.

A second half strike from Son Heung-min saw an unconvincing Tottenham beat Crystal Palace 1-0 at Wembley. Despite having the better chances in the game, Roy Hodgson's men remain bottom of the Premier League with just four points from 11 games.

Injuries to Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli meant that Tottenham were forced into changes from Wednesday's memorable win. Replacing Lloris in goal was Paulo Gazzaniga and he had a nervous moment early on as he flapped at a cross from Wilfried Zaha. 

Zaha was Palace's main attacking threat in the early exchanges as he twice got in behind the Spurs' defence, on both occasions he was halted by Eric Dier. 

Tottenham were subdued in the opening half hour with a header wide from Danny Rose, their only chance of note. 

Harry Kane took 35 minutes to have a sight of goal as he headed over the bar after Palace failed to deal with a cross from Son Heung-min. 

The visitors had the best chance of the first half with Scott Dann bringing a smart save out of Gazzaniga. Spurs looked toothless in attack with their frustrations summed up shortly before the break as Son fired well wide when Kane was free in the box. 

Crystal Palace started the second half well and Gazzaniga was called into action once again as he parried away from Andros Townsend. 

Julian Finney/GettyImages

The visitors' best chance came on 57 minutes as, following a Serge Aurier mistake, Wilfired Zaha rounded Gazzaniga but the Palace man couldn't hit the target. 

Luka Milivojević would also have a chance from a corner but Palace would be made to pay for their missed chances. 

On 64 minutes, Son scored a lovely goal from the edge of the area after Palace failed to deal with a cross from Sissoko. It was against the run of play in the second half and there was huge relief around Wembley. 

The goal did not dampen Crystal Palace's spirit as Yohan Cabaye had an effort on goal saved by Gazzaniga, who was awarded the man of the match award by BT Sport. 

Spurs could have sealed the win as Son went clean through on goal but could only find the side netting. It wasn't pretty but Tottenham held out for a third straight league win at Wembley.

Manchester City made it 10 wins from 11 in the Premier League with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal thanks to goals from Kevin De Bruyne, Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus, after Arsene Wenger made a questionable call to drop £50m striker Alexandre Lacazette to the bench.

The 68-year-old opted to field Francis Coquelin as part of a three-man midfield, and revert back to a four-man defence for the first time in 19 games. Alex Iwobi was selected as part of an attacking trident with Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, which failed to work at the Etihad.

A lively start to the game saw City almost take the lead immediately through Aguero, who was specially presented before the crowd before kick-off for his record-breaking exploits in midweek. The Argentinian ace blazed over though with uncharacteristic complacency.

Arsenal's Alex Iwobi volleyed over moments later with the Gunners' first chance, before Leroy Sane squared to Raheem Sterling who was a step up in boot size away from opening the scoring from close range.

The deadlock was broken after 18 minutes though by De Bruyne, who drilled into the far corner with his left foot. The Belgian had a volley saved by Petr Cech in the same passage of play, and stayed on the edge of the box to exchange passes with Fernandinho to work the space, before giving the 35-year-old no chance.

PAUL ELLIS/GettyImages

That seemed to settle City into it as they took to dominating possession. It perhaps should have been two on 34 minutes, but Sterling overhit his pass to Sane as the pair were two-on-one, Pep Guardiola's frustration on the touchline clear to see.

Arsenal might have equalised on the stroke of half-time when the largely ineffective Aaron Ramsey shot low to Ederson's right. A spectator for most of the half, the 24-year-old made a great save to allow the Citizens to go in 1-0 up at the break.

City made the perfect start to the second half when Fernandinho played in Sterling down the right with a beautiful lofted pass to spring the offside trap. The referee adjudged Nacho Monreal to have unfairly barged the England winger off the ball, and Aguero made it goal number 179 from the resultant spot-kick.

Laurence Griffiths/GettyImages

Arsenal tried to respond through Iwobi, who unleashed a fierce drive from the left. Ederson failed to hold it and was rather fortunate to have gathered at the second time of asking on the goal line.

Arsene Wenger replaced surprise inclusion Francis Coquelin early in the second half with Alexandre Lacazette, which seemed like an admission that he got his starting XI wrong on the day. And it paid dividends in the 64th minute when the French striker was released by Iwobi down the right, and he finished with aplomb through Ederson's legs to give the visitors hope.

OLI SCARFF/GettyImages

The Gunners then had Cech to thank for preventing City from hitting straight back through substitute Gabriel Jesus. The Brazilian connected well but was thwarted from close range.

City did go 3-1 ahead rather fortuitously though when David Silva ghosted beyond the Arsenal backline. Replays showed the Spaniard might have been flagged offside, but the decision went in the home side's favour. Silva then squared for Jesus who tapped in for his seventh league goal of the season to all but end the Gunners hopes of any points.

Guardiola's side held firm for the rest of the game and condemned Arsenal to their fourth defeat of the season, and it's now an incredible 31 points out of a possible 33, with just the 38 goals scored.

Alvaro Morata scored the decisive goal in a tightly contested game at Stamford Bridge to keep all three points in London. 

Jose Mourinho's second loss to Chelsea since becoming Manchester United meant that United fall eight points behind Manchester City in the League. 

Meanwhile, Chelsea have gained valuable ground in the race for the top four, moving up three places - going above Burnley, Arsenal and Liverpool. Going into the International break, it's evident that Antonio Conte will be the happier of the two managers

Both teams started brightly, with pragmatism surprisingly thrown out of the window. An eventful opening 10 minutes saw United's Phil Jones put the ball into his own net, but the whistle was blown due to a foul by Morata, while Marcus Rashford moments later missed a golden opportunity - heading inches over the bar. 

Testing the waters early on, Romelu Lukaku looked up for this huge game as his driven effort was parried wide by David De Gea. United started the game on the offensive away from home, contrastingly heavily to their approach to the big games in recent weeks. 

Shaun Botterill/GettyImages

Stemming from Mourinho's desire to beat his former side, the United players fought hard in an end-to-end opener where the away team were the better side in the opening quarter. However, Chelsea grew into the game as the first half progressed, applying pressure on the United midfield and winning the ball back more frequently. 

Despite both side's attacking presence, it remained goalless at the break. It would be Chelsea that would find the breakthrough - just 10 minutes into the second half through Morata. A long pass by Cezar Azpilicueta was met by Morata, whose perfectly executed header saw the ball fly into the net - leaving De Gea on his heels. 

Breaking a six-game goal drought, the Spaniard looked more like the player that we saw pre-hamstring injury than in recent weeks. His compatriot Cesc Fabregas was the man truly running the show, however, with his range of passing dominating proceedings by creating numerous chances for the home side. 

United began to grow frustrated, with Mourinho throwing caution to the wind with his double substitution of Marouane Fellaini and Anthony Martial. Offensively, the away side just didn't create enough going forward - despite their best efforts to try to be more open and progressive. 

Shaun Botterill/GettyImages

Fellaini had a golden opportunity with minutes to go, bringing the ball down on his chest and firing towards goal but Courtois was quick to react. The plan to score was route one to say the least, with United looking to impose their physicality in the Chelsea penalty area. In the absence of Paul Pogba, the lack of creativity is clear for all to see. 

You May Like

Eagle (-2)
Birdie (-1)
Bogey (+1)
Double Bogey (+2)