Former Chelsea and Arsenal defender William Gallas has commented on Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner's exit from the club and who the Blues should look to bring in as a replacement.
Speaking to Genting Casino, Gallas said, "Chelsea should have known they had to sign a striker a few months ago. I don't know why they are mainly linked with defenders when Lukaku did not stay and Timo Werner did not perform well over his two years at Chelsea."
"If Aubameyang can leave Barcelona, he would be good but he only just joined them. I would take Aubameyang though, as he is really experienced in the Premier League, and he will fit in straight away with the players."
Fabrizio Romano earlier reported that Thomas Tuchel is interested in the Gabon striker and their relationship is strong from their time at Borussia Dortmund together.
Kai Havertz has played as the centre forward at times, with the return of Armando Broja from his loan spell at Southampton.
Although Aubameyang joined Barcelona in February, he could be available for a cheap fee over the next few days.
Read More Chelsea News
- Report: Chelsea Set To Bid Again For Wesley Fofana This Week
- Report: Chelsea And Monaco Have Reached An Agreement For Blue's Defender Malang Sarr
- Report: Chelsea Co-Owner Todd Boehly Phoned Frenkie de Jong To Push For Move
- Report: Chelsea Open Talks With Edouard Mendy In Regards Of A New Contract
- Chelsea Women Release Ticket Details For Opener At Stamford Bridge
- 'It Was A Turning Point' - Cesar Azpilicueta On His Chelsea Future
- Manchester City Star Erling Haaland Matches Impressive Debut Record With Chelsea Star
- ‘It Adds Pressure’ - Pundit on Ben Chilwell’s Future at Chelsea After Marc Cucurella Signing
- Report: Chelsea Star Callum Hudson-Odoi Ready To Push Chelsea To Let Him Leave After Premier League Interest