The pursuit for Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong has been heating up in recent weeks with contrasting reports of will he or won't he, but former Blues man William Gallas, doesn't think he's the man for the job.
Chelsea have been attempting to recruit a new midfielder since the transfer window opened a couple of months ago, and Gallas believes Thomas Tuchel should be looking for a more of a defensive figure.
Talking to Genting Casino, he said: "De Jong is a great player. He is still Young but he is so experienced in the way he player. I don't think Chelsea should have gone for someone of that profile though. They already have players like him.
"They should go for someone like Casemiro or Rodri instead. They are strong guys who stay in front of their defenders.
"They have good impacts physically as well. That is why I would not sign de Jong, because they already have players who a little bit similar."
Chelsea's midfield is presumably the least of supporter's concerns with their attentions more on filling the new gaps across the rest of the pitch.
But as negotiations continue for de Jong's signature, perhaps they will begin to question where he fits into their starting XI.
Read More Chelsea News
- Report: Chelsea Set To Bid Again For Wesley Fofana This Week
- Report: Chelsea And Monaco Have Reached An Agreement For Blue's Defender Malang Sarr
- Report: Chelsea Co-Owner Todd Boehly Phoned Frenkie de Jong To Push For Move
- Report: Chelsea Open Talks With Edouard Mendy In Regards Of A New Contract
- Chelsea Women Release Ticket Details For Opener At Stamford Bridge
- 'It Was A Turning Point' - Cesar Azpilicueta On His Chelsea Future
- Manchester City Star Erling Haaland Matches Impressive Debut Record With Chelsea Star
- ‘It Adds Pressure’ - Pundit on Ben Chilwell’s Future at Chelsea After Marc Cucurella Signing
- Report: Chelsea Star Callum Hudson-Odoi Ready To Push Chelsea To Let Him Leave After Premier League Interest