Broja started Albania's friendly against Italy yesterday but was brought off after 51 minutes with an ankle injury.
The Albanians took a surprise lead against the reigning European champions - who will be missing out on their second consecutive World Cup - but came out 3-1 losers, with goals from Giovanni Di Lorenzo and Vincenzo Grifo turning the score in the Italians' favour.
There was no immediate concern post-match regarding Broja's injury, but he will return to Cobham in the next few days to assess the issue, in the hope there is no further damage.
If there is any more issues with his injury, Broja and Chelsea will be relieved that the World Cup break gives him a four week stretch to recover so that he can be fully fit for the Blues' first league game back after Qatar, on the 27th December against Bournemouth.
With the return to Cobham, Broja will miss his nation's next friendly against Armenia on Saturday afternoon.
To read about the Chelsea players who will be travelling to Qatar with their nations, click here.
Read More Chelsea Stories
- Report: Chelsea Could Move For Rennes Forward Martin Terrier
- Exclusive: Glen Johnson On How Chelsea Can Improve, England's World Cup Chances And More
- Report: Chelsea Have Long Term Interest In Inter Milan Denzel Dumfries
- Chelsea 0-2 Manchester City | Five Things We Learned
- 'Devastated' - Reece James On Missing The World Cup
- Report: PSG Want To Sign Chelsea Midfielder N'Golo Kante As A Free Agent
- Report: Chelsea Will Target Moises Caicedo In January
- Report: Chelsea To Reignite Interest For Romeo Lavia In January