Former Arsenal player Kevin Campbell has said that Newcastle United could sign Conor Gallagher instead of James Maddison.
Conor Gallagher had a very good loan move with Crystal Palace last season, meaning there were many clubs interested in signing him.
So far this summer, Everton, Crystal Palace & Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa have been trying to sign him.
However, rumours around Gallagher's future have recently died down and it looks like he could be staying at Stamford Bridge this season.
Despite this, Kevin Campbell believes that the England international could be a good option for Newcastle United this summer.
“Gallagher would be a very good signing. He has a great engine," Campbell told Football Insider.
“I don’t think he is as creative as Maddison though. He doesn’t have that craft.
“Gallagher is more of an all-action player. He would give them a lot at the top end of the pitch though because he can get around. He gets through 90 minutes easily.
“I think he needs to add a bit more creativity to his game. He is young and is still learning. Maddison is more experience than him.
“I still think Gallagher would a good signing though. I could see that.”
Read More Chelsea News
- Report: Chelsea Set To Bid Again For Wesley Fofana This Week
- Report: Chelsea And Monaco Have Reached An Agreement For Blue's Defender Malang Sarr
- Report: Chelsea Co-Owner Todd Boehly Phoned Frenkie de Jong To Push For Move
- Report: Chelsea Open Talks With Edouard Mendy In Regards Of A New Contract
- Chelsea Women Release Ticket Details For Opener At Stamford Bridge
- 'It Was A Turning Point' - Cesar Azpilicueta On His Chelsea Future
- Manchester City Star Erling Haaland Matches Impressive Debut Record With Chelsea Star
- ‘It Adds Pressure’ - Pundit on Ben Chilwell’s Future at Chelsea After Marc Cucurella Signing
- Report: Chelsea Star Callum Hudson-Odoi Ready To Push Chelsea To Let Him Leave After Premier League Interest