Canadian defender Kadeisha Buchanan officially joins Chelsea FC Women's team from French side Olympique Lyonnias on a deal which will see her in blue for three years
The 26-year-old spent the last five years in France where she became a five team Champions League winner, five time league winner and three time Coupe De France winner.
The Canadian has played 118 times for her national country and was apart of a gold medal winning team back in 2018 at the Tokyo Olympics.
Due to that Buchanan has established herself as one of the best centre backs in women's football, With Chelsea knowing this, She was offered the famous number 26 shirt last worn by Blues icon John Terry in 2017.
Chelsea Women's manager Emma Hayes has said:"Kadeisha is a serial winner at the top of her game and I have no doubt we are signing a world-class player who has proven herself on the world stage.
"She is going to bring a quality to our group and with her brilliant personality and character, we think she will be really liked within the dressing room. We look forward to welcoming Kadeisha this summer."
Buchanan is the second defender to sign after french defender Eve Perisset joined the Blues a few days prior on a three year deal.
Read More Chelsea Coverage
- Chelsea Confirm First Transfer Of Todd Boehly Era As Defender Signs
- 'I'll Be Happy' - Emerson Palmieri On Chelsea Future After Loan Spell At Lyon
- Report: Chelsea Interested In Signing Gabriel Jesus From Manchester City | Guardiola Values Him At £43M
- Report: Liverpool Eye Chelsea Star Christian Pulisic as Sadio Mane Replacement
- Report: Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel 'Really Wants' to Sign West Ham's Declan Rice
- Report: Chelsea Emerge as Favourites to Sign Ousmane Dembele This Summer
- Report: Chelsea Have No Problem With Fee for Sevilla's Jules Kounde