Chelsea have yet to make any contact with Atletico Madrid over the signing of Jan Oblak, despite rumours suggesting otherwise. Chelsea will certainly be on the hunt for a new keeper after doubts surrounding Edouard Mendy's position have intensified in recent months.
The Senegalise International had made a string of important errors in recent times, and looks far from the keeper Chelsea had in the Champions League winning season. The club will target new goalkeepers.
Kepa and Mendy will fight for the number one spot for now, but the club seem to be unsure of both.
According to Nizaar Kinsella, Chelsea have yet to make any contact with Atletico Madrid over the signing of Jan Oblak. The goalkeeper is said to be available in January, but Chelsea are not one of the clubs interested in pursuing him.
Chelsea know the ideal targets they'd want for the keeper position, and Oblak does not seem to be one of them. The goalkeeper will be available for around £25million in January, and Manchester United are interested in him as they bid to replace David De Gea between the sticks.
Tottenham Hotspur share the interest of United, as they look to replace the ageing Hugo Lloris.
It will be interesting to see where Chelsea's goalkeeper search leads them to, but the club may also choose to see how things go with Edouard Mendy.
The hope inside the club is that his performances improve.
Read More Chelsea Stories
- Graham Potter Shares His Emotions Following The Queen's Passing
- Chelsea And Arsenal Legend Emmanuel Petit Speaks On The Blues' Recent Struggles
- Why Chelsea Vs Liverpool At Stamford Bridge Has Been Postponed
- Report: Todd Boehly 'Impressed' By Christoph Freund's Red Bull Model
- Report: Chelsea Having Talks With Christoph Freund
- 'We Just Didn't Have A Shared Vision For The Future' - Todd Boehly On Thomas Tuchel's Sacking
- 'We Want To Entertain' - Graham Potter Prepares To Win Back The Fans
- Report: Todd Boehly Met With Luis Campos
- Report: N'Golo Kante Wants A Better Contract Offer From Chelsea