Liverpool forward Takumi Minamino is being targeted by French Ligue 1 club Lyon this summer.
That's according to the latest report from The Times' chief Northern Football Correspondent Paul Joyce.
Already wanted by Leeds United, Southampton, Wolves, Fulham and AS Monaco, who were previously touted as the frontrunners to land the 27-year-old, Minamino is seemingly a man in demand.
Both French clubs are believed to have instigated negotiations with the Japan international as Liverpool look to receive a £17million fee for the out-of-favour attacker.
Signed for just £7.25million from Red Bull Salzburg (Sky Sports), the versatile ace has struggled to hold down a regular place in Jurgen Klopp's first-team plans.
Since arriving at Anfield, Minamino has directly contributed to 17 goals in 55 appearances across all competitions and also spent time out on loan at Southampton in 2020/21.
However, Minamino only completed 90 minutes once in the Premier League last season, highlighting a lack of opportunities.
Following the arrival of Darwin Nunez to add to the January signing of Luis Diaz it's unlikely that the former Cerezo Osaka man will feature more prominently under Klopp in 2022/23 and a move appears to be the best option for all parties.
As such, a return of a healthy profit on the wantaway frontman would be a welcome boost to the Reds' coffers, even if the activity in terms of incomings has reportedly ended with the arrival of Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen.
Should Minamino leave as expected, Fabio Carvalho may replace the Japanese supremo's minutes, whilst Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could see an exit route blocked as Liverpool look to maintain a resemblance of strength in depth within the squad.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Darwin Nunez 'Travelling To Liverpool In The Next Few Hours' To Complete Transfer From Benfica
- 'Wide Of The Mark' Fabrizio Romano Provides Darwin Nunez To Liverpool Transfer Update
- Liverpool Could Beat Chelsea To Huge England Star Once Sadio Mane Leaves For Bayern Munich
- Report: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Linked With Aston Villa Move Amid Liverpool Exit Talk
- Report: Liverpool's Sadio Mane Has Spoken To Bayern Munich & Julian Nagelsmann As Transfer Rumours Continue