Senegal manager Aliou Cisse is not happy with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp after his comments on the African Cup of Nations last month.
Klopp referenced the competition as a 'little tournament' which angered some African journalists and fans, which many believe is misguided due to the phrase being common in the English language.
Cisse though, who has been in charge of Senegal for six years, believes Klopp meant it literally.
"Who does he think he is? I manage Senegal and my players play for Klopp at Liverpool. I respect Liverpool but not Klopp who undermines African football events."
"He is where he is today because of African footballers. He was losing every final until Salah, Mane, Matip came to his rescue to win his first-ever major European final."
It's clear to see that Cisse is frustrated by the quotes, but Klopp has since come out and apologised to those if they were offended.
Should Cisse have been so angered? And will AFCON go ahead? It remains to be seen.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Man Of The Match - Thiago
- Watch: Divock Origi 94th Minute Goal Wins Liverpool Match Against Wolves - Mohamed Salah Assist
- Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Player Ratings
- Watch: West Ham 3-2 Chelsea Match Highlights - Brilliant Mount, Bowen Goals, Mendy Errors
- Nathaniel Phillips Could Be Key For Liverpool To Sign Newcastle United Winger Allan Saint-Maximin Ahead Of Chelsea And Everton
- He's Better Than Kylian Mbappe' - Barcelona President Joan Laporta On 24 Year Old Liverpool Target