Match of the Day pundit Gary Lineker likes the idea of Trent Alexander-Arnold at centre midfield for England.
Trent Alexander-Arnold is known as one of the best right-backs in the world but Gary Lineker thinks he would be just as good in midfield.
The former Leicester City striker also stated that Alexander-Arnold would be England's answer to Andrea Pirlo.
This is what Lineker had to say:
“His passing range is extraordinary. I think Andrea Pirlo said that the one thing missing from England is a player like Pirlo, and I think he (Alexander-Arnold) could be that. But I might be wrong.”
"It was interesting to see Gareth (Southgate) try it for one game, and he was good. He needs more time in that position, but it's difficult if the club manager is never going to play him there."
If Trent can't get in England's team over Kyle Walker or Kieran Trippier at right-back then he should not bother answering the phone to Southgate. He doesn't deserve his services.
Trent Alexander-Arnold's passing range is incredible and that's an understatement. However, playing in midfield is a completely different role to passing from right-back.
Alexander-Arnold can see the whole pitch from right-back and has everything in front of him. Playing centre midfield, he would have to turn get the ball off the defence and be able to cope with more pressure.
He could have the capability to do it but if he did, I think it would have to start doing it at Liverpool first.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Premier League Clubs Including Liverpool Vote To Block Owner Linked Sponsorship Deals
- Reported Liverpool Player Salaries - 2021/22 Premier League Season
- Report: Liverpool lining up deal for Inter Milan's Croatian Midfielder Marcelo Brozovic
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Named As Finalist For NWFA Player Of The Season
- Manchester United Fearful Of Another 'Glazers Out' Protest By Fans For Sunday's Premier League Match Against Liverpool
- Bayern Munich's Benjamin Pavard Believes He Is More Complete Than Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold And PSG's Achraf Hakimi
- 'Liverpool Fans Best In World' - Ben Woodburn Speaking During Now TV's Succession Series 3 Promo
- 'Liverpool's next manager' - Peter Crouch On Rangers' Steven Gerrard Amidst Newcastle Interest