Liverpool legend Ian Rush has been reacting to the news that Mohamed Salah has signed a new long-term deal at the club.
The Egyptian finally put pen to paper on a new three-year contract last week after months of protracted negotiations.
After losing Sadio Mane to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, this was the perfect tonic for Reds fans ahead of the new season.
As reported by The Mirror, Liverpool's all-time record goalscorer Rush explained how delighted he was by the news that the 30-year-old was extending his stay on Merseyside.
“I keep telling him if he stayed he could smash my records. I also said that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
"Everyone at Liverpool including the fans love him. This is like a new signing. I am absolutely delighted. Hopefully, in my role as Liverpool ambassador, I’ve helped in some way. I honestly would love it if he becomes a record-breaker at Liverpool.”
Salah has a long way to go to catch Rush in the goalscoring charts but there is no doubt other records will continue to tumble along the way.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Breaking News: Mohamed Salah Extends Contract At Liverpool
- Article 'It's A Happy Day' - Mohamed Salah On Signing A New Contract With Liverpool
- Report: Mohamed Salah's New Liverpool Contract Details Revealed
- Brazilian Legendary Duo Cafu And Roberto Carlos Claim Liverpool's Mohamed Salah And Tottenham's Heung-Min Son Are League's Best
- Liverpool Goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga joins Macclesfield on Season-long Loan
- 'It Wouldn't Surprise Me If This Guy Is Just As Effective' - Pundit On Comparison Between Liverpool Striker Darwin Nunez & Erling Haaland