In news that will be welcomed by Liverpool fans, there is a strong belief from one reporter that Mohamed Salah will end up signing a contract extension at Liverpool.
Gianluca Di Marzio has been talking about the situation with the Egyptian's contract and believes there are clear reasons as to why a deal with Liverpool will be done.
Salah To Stay At Liverpool?
“I think he will sign a new contract with Liverpool.”
“He will decide his future if he wants to stay there and continue his great goal scoring performance at Liverpool."
Read More Salah Coverage
- All On FSG And John W Henry Now As Mohamed Salah States That He Wants To Stay At Liverpool For The Rest Of His Career
- 'They Want Salah To Sign, More Than New Players' - Romano on FSG's And Liverpool's Priority
- Watch: Mohamed Salah Seen Recording Advert For Pepsi Running Through The Streets Of Liverpool
Di Marzio On Why Salah Will Stay At Liverpool
Di Marzio appears to have assessed what the options are for both Liverpool and possible suitors of the Egyptian and formed his opinion accordingly.
He doesn't believe Liverpool and FSG will want to lose the player due to the potential repercussions and isn't convinced others need him or have the means to sign him.
“He will sign, otherwise there will be problems for the club if he wants to leave.”
“No other club can afford him. No other club needs that position. Barcelona have no money. I think Real Madrid will get Mbappe. PSG have Neymar and Messi. In Italy, nobody."
This seems a logical way to look at the situation for a player who has been in scintillating form this season.
There is no doubt with Salah clearly stating his preference to stay at Liverpool that the club will want to be seen as the problem in the negotiations.
In terms of potential suitors, PSG and Real Madrid are the obvious candidates but as Di Marzio said in his interview they already have what they need or are looking at alternative options. That leaves very few clubs with the money to put together such a deal.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Bruno Fernandes Is 'A Doubt' For Sunday's Match Between Manchester United And Liverpool Says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Leaked Images Appear Online Of Liverpool FC Nike Air Huarache Shoes Not Yet Released
- Report: Liverpool, Manchester United And PSG All Offered Ansu Fati 'More Than Double'Wage Before Signing New Barcelona Contract