Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit back at former Liverpool player and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher over his comments on Monday Night Football.
Carragher was talking alongside Gary Neville when he made some fairly damning comments about the Norwegian ahead of the Premier League clash between the two clubs on Sunday.
Carragher On Solskjaer
“For me, whether he wins a trophy or not at the end of the season, Manchester United need to have a better manager.”
"It’s not a criticism of Ole, they need a manager who can compete with the other manager’s in the league.”
Solskjaer Responds To Carragher Comments
The under fire Manchester United manager did not seem too concerned by Carragher's comments and even suggested that the pundit may have said what he did to try and gain a small advantage ahead of the game on Sunday.
“I prefer not to watch them. It doesn’t affect me, but of course you see some of the comments once in a while.”
“I didn’t know what they were saying, but of course we’ve got Liverpool on Sunday as well, so Jamie is always looking at these little things."
“I’ve got my values, I’ve got my way of managing and I believe in myself."
“As long as the club believes in me, I’m pretty sure that Jamie Carragher’s opinion is not going to change that.”
The Manchester United manager is under huge pressure heading into Sunday's encounter.
Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp will be hoping to pile more misery on Solskjaer and his team who really should be doing better based on the level of investment and quality of players in the squad.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- ‘Matip Has Been Better Than Van Dijk’ - Former Liverpool Defender Jamie Carragher
- Report: PSG Could Target Liverpool Star Mohamed Salah If Kylian Mbappe Leaves And Isn’t Replaced By Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland
- Premier League Clubs Including Liverpool Vote To Block Owner Linked Sponsorship Deals
- Reported Liverpool Player Salaries - 2021/22 Premier League Season
- Report: Liverpool lining up deal for Inter Milan's Croatian Midfielder Marcelo Brozovic
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Named As Finalist For NWFA Player Of The Season
- Manchester United Fearful Of Another 'Glazers Out' Protest By Fans For Sunday's Premier League Match Against Liverpool
- Bayern Munich's Benjamin Pavard Believes He Is More Complete Than Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold And PSG's Achraf Hakimi
- 'Liverpool's next manager' - Peter Crouch On Rangers' Steven Gerrard Amidst Newcastle Interest