On Sunday, Liverpool travel to Old Trafford for a heavyweight Premier League clash with Manchester United. Former WWE Champion and Reds fan Sheamus has recently had his say on United's global superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Irishman is well known for his support of Liverpool and was present at the Champions League clash against Atletico Madrid at Anfield in March 2020 just before lockdown.
Speaking to BT Sport recently, Sheamus gave his thoughts on the Red Devils Portuguese striker.
Is Ronaldo One Of The Greatest Ever?
Sheamus was happy to freely air his views as to where he thinks Ronaldo sits in terms of the best players in history.
"Is Ronaldo one of the greatest players ever? Absolutely not, he's not."
"But he's definitely a world-class player and one of the best that's been in the last decade."
How would Ronaldo fare as a WWE Superstar?
When asked how Ronaldo would fare as a WWE competitor, Sheamus joked that whilst he has showmanship, he would struggle with the physical aspects of being in the ring.
"He wouldn't last five seconds in the ring."
"He's too soft, he's too soft bro. Those players that go down when the wind blows or a blade of grass hits their shin, they wouldn't last two minutes."
"I mean he's got the showmanship but nothing else. He's got no physicality, that's what I mean."
The final two comments from Sheamus probably gave an indication as to the irony of what he had said as he indicated they were heavily influenced by his Liverpool bias!
"Well I'm a Liverpool fan anyway, so who cares?."
"He plays for Man United! If he played for Liverpool I'd be like 'ah, toughest guy going'!"
Sheamus will be hoping that Jurgen Klopp's team can carry on their unbeaten start to the season on Sunday and that Ronaldo is kept quiet by Virgil van Dijk as the Reds go in quest of another Premier League crown.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Juventus In Driving Seat For Vlahovic But Liverpool And City Lurking
- Ex Liverpool Player Dietmar Hamann Urges Karim Adeyemi To Join Borussia Dortmund
- Doubters To Believers: Six Years Of Jurgen Klopp At Liverpool
- Liverpool Loan Round Up: Longstaff On Target, Glatzel Scores For Under 23s
- Liverpool's Roberto Firmino Named Game Ambassador For UFL, The New Rival For FIFA And eFootball (Formerly PES)
- Report: Bayern Munich And AC Milan Interested In Liverpool and Brazil Forward Roberto Firmino
- WATCH: UFC Star And Liverpool Fan Paddy 'The Baddy' Pimblett Ejected For Celebrating In Home End At Watford
- 'I'm So Proud' - Liverpool's Sadio Mane On Scoring 100 Premier League Goals