Virgil van Dijk has recently spoken about Liverpool and Manchester City's Premier League season and how COVID & injuries have affected both sides.
Liverpool have been hit really hard this season. Firstly by injuries and more recently by COVID-19 outbreaks.
Manchester City have been fortunate enough to not suffer much from injuries or COVID and in a recent interview, Virgil van Dijk explained how it affected Liverpool during December.
“City got through the month of December particularly well. They had few injuries and few corona cases and that helps enormously," said Virgil.
“A small example is that me, Fabinho and Thiago all tested positive for covid at the same time, three players who are important to the team.
"A big club like Liverpool still has good quality players, but the rhythm and dynamics of the team changes at such a time.
“There are still so many games to play - but you also need a bit of luck at this stage.”
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Fabrizio Romano Offers Update On Former Liverpool Midfielder Gini Wijnaldum Future At PSG
- Harvey Elliott 'Closing In On Return' To Liverpool First Team After Four Months Out
- Report: Liverpool 'Favourites' For Barcelona Star Ousmane Dembele
- 'We Should Be All Over Him' Twitter Reacts To Liverpool's Transfer Interest In £18million Rated Premier League Star Adama Traore
- Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: Player Ratings | Premier League | EPL
- Watch: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool Match Highlights | Premier League | EPL
- Exclusive: Turkish Giants Fenerbahçe Make Liverpool Striker Divock Origi Their 'Top Transfer Priority' With 'Massive' Contract Offer