Manchester United's anti-Glazer protest - in pictures

Old Trafford pitch invasion leads to a chaotic afternoon, with match postponed Indefinitely as it stands.
Publish date:

Hundreds of fans gathered outside the team hotel, the Lowry, and Old Trafford filtering through to the pitch breaching security.

Since the announcement of the European Super League, many of the 'Big Six' fans have made their disgust with their respective club owners very apparent, even after the cancellation of said event.

This is no different within the Manchester United fan base, culminating in a ground invasion taking place from as early as 1:40 PM today. What started as a protest, slowly escalated throughout the afternoon, with the green and yellow flairs (representing the club's founding fathers) only becoming more prominent.

It was shortly following this increasingly angry crowd's protests that the ground invasion commenced, once again proudly showing the green and yellow, which have come to be colours against the Glazer family (Owners of Manchester United).

Multiple tweets following have shown #GlazersOut, with fans clearly showing the distrust for those at the helm of their club.

While the pitch was cleared by 3PM, the Liverpool team bus was held back at the hotel for security reasons (according to @StanCollymore on Twitter), still being "told to prepare for a 4:30PM KO as normal."


READ MORE: POSTPONED: Manchester United vs Liverpool

RECAP: LIVE: Manchester United's Protests DELAY Liverpool clash

READ MORE: Manchester United vs Liverpool kick-off delayed following fan protests take to Old Trafford pitch

Following this the team buses became held up outside The Lowry, with protesters shouting "We decide when you will play" (per Manchester News MEN), many not wanting the game to go ahead.

The escalation began once again. Both the Media & referee were unable to enter the grounds at about 3:15 PM, with fans re-entering Old Trafford in further protest.

Despite all of this, both Man United & Liverpool still announced their lineups at 3:30 PM, expecting the game to still go ahead.

15 minutes later the game was delayed, with little news coming through since then.

While there were talks of a 7:30PM kick-off, It is confirmed that the match has been postponed.