Mohamed Salah from Liverpool has been named as a finalist for the Ladbrokes Northwest Football Awards Premier League player of the season for 2021.
The Egyptian is on the shortlist for the award with Ruben Dias of Manchester City and Luke Shaw of Manchester United.
The awards ceremony will take place on Monday, 22nd November and the NWFA website explains what the awards are about.
'The Ladbrokes northwest football awards (NWFA), honours and celebrates the region's footballing elite recognising excellence both on and off the field.'
In 2020, Manchester City's Belgian midfielder Kevin De Bruyne picked up the award.
Salah enjoyed an excellent 2020/21 season scoring 31 goals. It was a difficult season at the club with an injury crisis and loss of form of key players heavily impacting performances.
Despite the issues, Salah continued to score goals at a healthy rate and helped drag his team into the Champions League places, something that looked out of reach with a few games to go.
The Egyptian has started the new campaign in even more spectacular fashion scoring ten goals and helping his team maintain their unbeaten start.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Mohamed Salah Wants New Contract With Liverpool For £400k Per Week
- Video: WWE Superstar And Liverpool Fan Sheamus Pokes Fun At Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo
- Liverpool Congratulate LA Lakers NBA Superstar LeBron James On Nike Innovation Center
- Report: Juventus In Driving Seat For Vlahovic But Liverpool And City Lurking
- Ex Liverpool Player Dietmar Hamann Urges Karim Adeyemi To Join Borussia Dortmund
- Doubters To Believers: Six Years Of Jurgen Klopp At Liverpool
- Liverpool Loan Round Up: Longstaff On Target, Glatzel Scores For Under 23s