There have been an impressive six players at Liverpool who have received a Ballon d’Or nomination; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Luis Diaz, Fabinho, Darwin Nunez, Mohamed Salah, and Virgil van Dijk.
The most amount of nominations any club received was six - with Liverpool joint alongside Real Madrid and Manchester City.
The standout news however is that Lionel Messi has not been nominated for the Ballon d'Or this year - he doesn't make the top 30 in the world, and neither does Neymar Jr.
The last time a Liverpool player won the Ballon d'Or was Michael Owen in 2001 and the closest since has been Virgil van Dijk in 2019.
It's some feat to have six nominees at the club and testament to the impressive performances from these players throughout the course of 2021-22.
Darwin Nunez was nominated - but of course, this is mostly for his accolades at Benfica last season prior to his transfer to Liverpool.
The same story for Sadio Mane, who receives a Ballon d'Or nomination as a Bayern Munich player, despite playing all of his 2021-22 football with Jurgen Klopp's side.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Six Midfielders Liverpool Could Sign Before The Summer Transfer Window Closes
- Report: Liverpool May Be Front Runners to Sign Youri Tielemans After Thiago Injury
- Thiago Alcantara Injury Latest: Liverpool Games Midfielder Could Miss With Hamstring Injury
- ‘He Should Have Saved It. He Ducked Under the Ball’ - Former Premier League Goalkeeper Slams Alisson for Fulham Opening Goal
- Report: Liverpool 'Might' Sign Both Bayern Munich's Leroy Sane And Sporting Lisbon's Matheus Nunes
- Confirmed: Liverpool Sign Young Defender Oludare Olufunwa From Southampton