After a disappointing 0-0 draw against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup semi final first leg on Thursday, there was some positive news for Liverpool fans as the date when Harvey Elliott will return to full training was revealed.
The 18 year old had enjoyed a successful loan spell at Blackburn Rovers last season giving the youngster much needed game time and experience.
Such was the progress made by Elliott, he was able to impress manager Jurgen Klopp in pre season to such an extent that he forced his way into the starting XI for the early Premier League matches.
Unfortunately disaster struck in September when Elliott dislocated his ankle in a freak challenge at Elland Road.
It was a cruel blow for someone who was really beginning to flourish in the Liverpool midfield.
Elliott has remained positive throughout positing regular updates on social media of his rehab progress.
Over recent weeks he has been shown outside on the grass at the AXA Training Centre as he stepped up his steps to recovery.
This is a huge boost to Klopp as he looks for midfield solutions in the absence of the injured Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita who is representing Guinea at AFCON.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: Player Ratings
- Watch: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal | Match Highlights | Carabao Cup
- 'Outstanding' - Jurgen Klopp Hails Liverpool Academy Structure
- Report: Liverpool Transfer Links To Real Madrid Midfielder Toni Kroos Resurface - Jurgen Klopp Named As Only Person Who Can Tempt Him Away From Spain
- Mohamed Salah Contract: Why Are FSG Not Giving The Egyptian King What He Wants?
- 'I'm Not Asking For Crazy Stuff, It's In Their Hands' - Mohamed Salah Opens Up On Liverpool Contract Talks