Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has given a worrying injury update on midfielder Thiago Alcantara after his team just missed out on the title at Anfield on Sunday.
Despite winning 3-1 at Anfield against Wolves, it was not quite enough as Manchester City staged an incredible comeback after being two down to win 3-2 at the Etihad Stadium against Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa.
Just before half-time, Thiago, who had created the equaliser for Sadio Mane with a sensational backheel left the pitch after picking up what was described as a hamstring injury.
Speaking after the game Klopp gave a worrying update for Liverpool supporters who will be desperate for the diminutive playmaker to be fit for the final.
Should Thiago miss the final in Paris, it will be a huge blow to Klopp and Liverpool as he has been hugely influential over the past few months and they would have benefited from his experience against a wily Real Madrid team.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Watch: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves | Match Highlights | Premier League | Reds Win But Just Miss Out On Title
- 'Like Having Ferraris In The Garage' - Jurgen Klopp Heaps Praise On Liverpool's Squad Players After Victory Against Southampton
- Watch: Liverpool Captain Jordan Henderson Lifts The FA Cup Trophy | Hendo Shuffle
- Watch: Virgil Van Dijk Explains Injury Concern That Forced Him Off In Liverpool's FA Cup Final Victory Over Chelsea
- Report: Mohamed Salah Declares Himself Fit For The Champions League Final Against Real Madrid
- Liverpool Fixtures & Schedule - May 2022 - Premier League, UEFA Champions League & FA Cup