Over the past few weeks, several clubs have been mentioned as being in the race for Red Bull Salzburg's German youngster Karim Adeyemi. Liverpool are said to be one of the clubs that is monitoring the 19 year old as they look to bolster their attacking options.
There were rumours that Adeyemi's father and advisor were in Munich last weekend discussing a move to Bayern but a report today suggests that Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig all remain in the race for the striker.
Hotter In The Media Than Internally
Salzburg coach Matthias Jaissle spoke to Kicker about the impact on the player that these transfer stories were having.
He made it very clear that the impact has been more prevalent in the media, rather than on the player and those around him.
“The topic is actually a bit hotter in the media than internally."
“Karim is completely focused on the task here, and I think he still has many steps ahead of him here that he can take. (He’s) on a good path.”
Champions League Form
Salzburg take on Wfl Wolfsburg in the Champions League on Wednesday and currently sit top of Group G on four points.
Jaissle will be hopeful that Adeyemi and his team can continue their strong start and push towards the last 16.
After a 1-1 draw in Spain against Sevilla on the opening day, Salzburg followed up with a 2-1 victory at home to Lille on matchday two with Adeyemi scoring a brace.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Premier League Clubs Including Liverpool Vote To Block Owner Linked Sponsorship Deals
- Reported Liverpool Player Salaries - 2021/22 Premier League Season
- Report: Liverpool lining up deal for Inter Milan's Croatian Midfielder Marcelo Brozovic
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Named As Finalist For NWFA Player Of The Season
- Manchester United Fearful Of Another 'Glazers Out' Protest By Fans For Sunday's Premier League Match Against Liverpool
- Bayern Munich's Benjamin Pavard Believes He Is More Complete Than Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold And PSG's Achraf Hakimi
- 'Liverpool Fans Best In World' - Ben Woodburn Speaking During Now TV's Succession Series 3 Promo
- 'Liverpool's next manager' - Peter Crouch On Rangers' Steven Gerrard Amidst Newcastle Interest