Kylian Mbappe has revealed he was in talks with Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool about a potential transfer.
The French superstar finally put pen to paper on a new contract at PSG at the weekend to end speculation that he could join Real Madrid in the summer.
Mbappe went on to say the talks with the Reds took place when he was at Monaco and because Liverpool are his mum’s favourite team.
Rumours about Mbappe and Liverpool had been rumbling for years so at least this admission from the France international adds some substance to the claims.
For now, Mbappe has committed his future to the Ligue 1 club but as to what happens post 2025 when his new contract expires remains to be seen.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Official: Liverpool Confirm Fabio Carvalho Signing From Fulham
- 'My Season Is Probably Finished' | Liverpool Star To Miss Champions League Final Against Real Madrid
- 'A Chance' - Thiago Alcantara Injury Update Ahead Of Champions League Final
- Watch: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves | Match Highlights | Premier League | Reds Win But Just Miss Out On Title
- 'Like Having Ferraris In The Garage' - Jurgen Klopp Heaps Praise On Liverpool's Squad Players After Victory Against Southampton
- Liverpool Fixtures & Schedule - May 2022 - Premier League, UEFA Champions League & FA Cup