Barcelona confirmed on Wednesday evening that reported Liverpool target Ansu Fati has renewed his contract at the club until 2027. This will come as welcome news to supporters at the Camp Nou who are adjusting to life after Lionel Messi's move to PSG.
The club had been desperate to get the 18 year old to sign on the dotted line and their representatives and manager Ronald Koeman will be delighted to get the deal done.
Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp had been linked with the player but this news means any chance of a deal is now over.
La Liga Debut
Spanish star Fati burst on to the scene for Barcelona in 2019 as a 16 year old, scoring eight goals and providing one assist in 33 appearances.
He instantly became a favourite amongst the Barcelona supporters and seemed to have the perfect mentor in Messi to aid his development.
His progress was cut short last season when he suffered a serious knee injury but now recovered, he is starting to find his feet again this campaign.
It has been a difficult period for Barcelona with the financial difficulties they are suffering and after losing their talisman Messi.
The signing of the Spanish international will therefore provide a further boost to fans at the Camp Nou after Pedri also renewed his contract earlier in the month.
Like Pedri, it is being reported that Fati will have a €1billion release clause in his contract.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Barcelona Tie Down Liverpool Target Pedri After Exit Of Lionel Messi
- Report: Liverpool Interested In Major League Soccer's Ricardo Pepi From FC Dallas
- ‘Matip Has Been Better Than Van Dijk’ - Former Liverpool Defender Jamie Carragher
- Report: PSG Could Target Liverpool Star Mohamed Salah If Kylian Mbappe Leaves And Isn’t Replaced By Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland
- Premier League Clubs Including Liverpool Vote To Block Owner Linked Sponsorship Deals
- Reported Liverpool Player Salaries - 2021/22 Premier League Season