Another report has surfaced today suggesting that Liverpool are one of the clubs interested in former player and Manchester City striker Raheem Sterling.
The England international has slipped down the pecking order for Pep Guardiola's team since the £100million signing of Jack Grealish in the summer.
Liverpool And PSG Interested Parties
Career At Liverpool
Sterling left Liverpool under a cloud to sign for Manchester City in 2015 for a fee reported to be close to £49million including add ons.
He had been at Liverpool since 2010 when he was signed from Queens Park Rangers as a youngster. He went on to score 23 goals and provide 25 assists in 129 games for the Reds.
Career At Manchester City
Since joining City, Sterling has excelled for club and country and has won a whole host of honours. His record of 204 goal contributions in 304 matches is only bettered by very few.
It all seemed to be going very well for the player until Grealish was signed from Aston Villa and his starting opportunities have been limited since.
The player admitted himself that he would move if needed to get regular football and has always dreamed of playing overseas.
Falk proved to be a reliable journalist when reporting on the Thiago Alcantara transfer in the summer of 2020.
A move for Sterling back to Liverpool however seems a difficult one based on the financial package required and how he left the club in 2015.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Liverpool Interested In Major League Soccer's Ricardo Pepi From FC Dallas
- ‘Matip Has Been Better Than Van Dijk’ - Former Liverpool Defender Jamie Carragher
- Report: PSG Could Target Liverpool Star Mohamed Salah If Kylian Mbappe Leaves And Isn’t Replaced By Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland
- Premier League Clubs Including Liverpool Vote To Block Owner Linked Sponsorship Deals
- Reported Liverpool Player Salaries - 2021/22 Premier League Season