Liverpool are interested in Real Madrid forward Marco Asensio and have already contacted his representatives according to a report.
The Spanish international has just one year left on his contract at the Santiago Bernebeu and Los Blancos may look to cash in this summer to prevent the 26-year-old from leaving for free in 12 months' time.
They also report that AC Milan are seriously interested in the player but could be ruled out 'due to economic factors' and Asensio's reluctance to join the Serie A club.
There is no doubting the quality of the former RCD Mallorca and Espanyol winger but where he would fit into Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool jigsaw is difficult to see.
Reds talisman Mohamed Salah fills the right-wing slot and with Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota likely to play mostly from the left, should a move to Anfield be on the cards, the plans for him would be very interesting.
It seems an unlikely deal based on the players Liverpool have in wide areas but it is a transfer story that has been rumbling for months now. With the latest reports from reliable sources, this is one to watch over the coming weeks but not necessarily one I would expect to happen.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Watch: All 120 Of Sadio Mane's Goals For Liverpool As Striker Closes In On Bayern Munich Transfer
- Report: Sadio Mane On Verge Of Completing £42.5m Move From Liverpool To Bayern Munich
- Report: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Wanted By Steven Gerrard And Aston Villa
- Liverpool Premier League Fixtures 2022/23 - The Key Matches That Could Decide The Title Race
- Report: Ligue 1 Club Join The Race To Sign Liverpool Forward Takumi Minamino
- 'I Wouldn't Rule That One Out' - Pundit On Possible Outcomes Of The Contract Saga Of Mohamed Salah And Liverpool