According to reports, Liverpool are interested in taking Inter Milan's Croatian midfielder Marcelo Brozovic to Anfield.
The player will be available on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of this season unless Inter can convince him to stay in the meantime.
Brozovic Contract Negotiations With Inter Stuttering
The Spanish broadcaster RAC1 have reported that contract negotiations with the Croatian's camp have not progressed well and it could mean he will be making a move away from the San Siro ahead of next season.
Interest From Across Europe
The player who has been capped 68 times by Croatia was a key component of Antonio Conte's Serie A winning team last season and his potential availability will put some big clubs across the continent on standby.
RAC1 report that Barcelona could be tempted by the 28 year old although they also have their eye on AC Milan's Franck Kessie. Other clubs mentioned include Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool and PSG.
At 28 years of age, it's difficult to believe Liverpool would be interested in the Croatian.
Despite him being a fine player and available on a free transfer, the Reds midfield is ageing with the likes of James Milner (35), Jordan Henderson (31) and Thiago Alcantara (30).
Their targets in this area of the pitch therefore should be focussed on young, up and coming players who can complement the more experienced stars.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Mohamed Salah Wants New Contract With Liverpool For £400k Per Week
- Video: WWE Superstar And Liverpool Fan Sheamus Pokes Fun At Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo
- Liverpool Congratulate LA Lakers NBA Superstar LeBron James On Nike Innovation Center
- Report: Juventus In Driving Seat For Vlahovic But Liverpool And City Lurking
- Ex Liverpool Player Dietmar Hamann Urges Karim Adeyemi To Join Borussia Dortmund
- Doubters To Believers: Six Years Of Jurgen Klopp At Liverpool
- Liverpool Loan Round Up: Longstaff On Target, Glatzel Scores For Under 23s