Liverpool have made “stealth moves” to sign Kylian Mbappe but were thwarted by him as per reports by the Marca. The transfer saga surrounding Kylian Mbappe has raged on for years, with Liverpool and Real Madrid always considered the two likely destinations.
Real Madrid had made substantial efforts to sign him last summer with bids of up to £171m, all turned down by PSG. But now, the French star looks set for a move to the Los Blancos on a free transfer upon the expiry of his contract this summer.
Mbappe even gave a teaser of the move by saying:
“I can’t say about my future, but you’ll know very soon. It’s almost decided. You’ll know before I am with the France National Team”.
It has been widely reported that the deal is done in all likelihood, and the announcement should follow soon.
Liverpool’s attempt to sign him should not come as a surprise, as the Reds have been linked to him for multiple years on their hunt for a marquee signing.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp Will Be Forced To Make Changes For Midweek Southampton Match
- Report: Liverpool Reach Transfer Agreement With FC Porto For Fabio Vieira | £12.7m Release Clause
- Liverpool Fixtures & Schedule - May 2022 - Premier League, UEFA Champions League & FA Cup
- Official: Jurgen Klopp Signs New Deal At Liverpool Until 2026
- Liverpool In-Depth Injury Updates: Mohamed Salah, Virgil Van Dijk And Andy Robertson