Liverpool's reported interest in Matheus Nunes has developed over the past few days following the confirmation of the term of absence for midfielder Thiago. According to reports - Liverpool could mount a deal for the Nunes for £33.8 million if the player agrees.
Continued reports suggest that Sporting CP do not want to lose Matheus Nunes - however, a deal could be secured for the Portuguese midfielder for €40 million.
Sporting CP manager Ruben Amorim doesn't want to sell Matheus Nunes but claims "anything can happen before the transfer deadline ends".
According to Portuguese media outlet Record, if a "convincing proposal" arrives at the right time then the midfielder will end up leaving the club. Record claim that for an "initial fee of €40 million and €10 million in variables, the signing of Nunes can be secured".
Liverpool have mounting injuries in the middle of the park - with Thiago, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Curtis Jones all absent from the first team. There have been increasing reports that Liverpool will look to strengthen their midfield before the end of the window.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Six Midfielders Liverpool Could Sign Before The Summer Transfer Window Closes
- Report: Liverpool May Be Front Runners to Sign Youri Tielemans After Thiago Injury
- Thiago Alcantara Injury Latest: Liverpool Games Midfielder Could Miss With Hamstring Injury
- ‘He Should Have Saved It. He Ducked Under the Ball’ - Former Premier League Goalkeeper Slams Alisson for Fulham Opening Goal
- Report: Liverpool 'Might' Sign Both Bayern Munich's Leroy Sane And Sporting Lisbon's Matheus Nunes
- Confirmed: Liverpool Sign Young Defender Oludare Olufunwa From Southampton