Porto are bracing themselves for a bid from Liverpool for Portuguese international Otavio this week according to a report.
Liverpool have had a busy start to the summer transfer window bringing in Fabio Carvalho, Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay but have also seen Sadio Mane move to Bayern Munich and Takumi Minamino appears to be on the brink of a move to Monaco.
Despite signals coming out of Anfield that business in terms of incomings is complete, Liverpool continue to be linked with a whole host of midfielders and forwards.
According to The Mirror, Porto are expecting Liverpool to make a bid of around £34million for 27-year-old Otavio with the next week expected to be pivotal.
The report claims that despite Otavio having a release clause of around £51million, the Primeira Liga team may be willing to do business for £38million and that the player's agent, Israel Oliveira, has travelled to England to try and finalise a deal.
Liverpool are not the only Premier League club interested in Otavio though and Leeds United are reported to have had a bid of £26million turned down but remain in the race for the Brazilian born creative player.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Report: Liverpool Interested In Marco Asensio Transfer & Have Already Contacted Real Madrid Forward's Representatives
- 'He Won’t Be Motivated By Money!' - Claims Pundit Amid Mohamed Salah Contract Issues
- Report: Monaco Agree Deal Worth £15.5Million With Liverpool Over Transfer Of Takumi Minamino
- 'He's A Forward Thinking Manager, Always Planning Ahead' - Claims Pundit On Jurgen Klopp
- Report: Raheem Sterling Wanted Liverpool Move Over Chelsea, As The Winger is Set To Join The Blues From Manchester City
- Breaking: Liverpool Confirm Signing Of Calvin Ramsay From Aberdeen, Squad Number Revealed