Winger completes permanent transfer - Man City Transfer Round-Up: #22

harryasiddall

Were approaching the end of the January transfer window, and for Manchester City, it's been as expected - quiet. However, we did have an official outgoing on Friday, as well as a few updates surrounding future transfer windows.

Here's a complete round-up of events...

Transfer Window updates

The first update actually doesn't concern a player. Martyn Ziegler has reported that Premier League clubs are expected to agree on a new “hybrid” model of the transfer window - shutting the window the day before the start of the season, but with international transfers still permitted after that day.

Also, loans between Premier League clubs would not be permitted after the start of the season, but transfer activity with Football League clubs would be allowed.

Clubs have also reportedly been told that this summer is the last time they can sign 16/17-year-old players from Europe due to Brexit. There will be a transition period for the rest of 2020, after which Fifa rules will mean any international signings will have to be 18.

Image placeholder title
(Photo by Jessica Hromas/Getty Images)

Agüero and Beckham in Miami

According to Daniel Cutts of the Sun, Sergio Agüero is wanted by David Beckham's new MLS club Inter Miami. However, the report does say the striker is open to signing a fresh contract at Manchester City, but is not against a move to the States.

The report also says the club have started to look for a replacement for their record goalscorer, with a list of names being drawn up.

Image placeholder title
(Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

CFG partnership key to potential move

One piece of news surrounding a potential incoming comes from

Montevideo City Torque striker Gustavo Del Prete (23) is ‘closer to Manchester City’ - hoping the partnership between the clubs could result in a future move.

There’s some expectation from former club Cipolletti, who own 25% of a future sale.

[@LMNeuquen via @Sport_Witness] pic.twitter.com/hU1KlRqp8g

— Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) January 24, 2020

">LMNeuquén, as relayed by

Montevideo City Torque striker Gustavo Del Prete (23) is ‘closer to Manchester City’ - hoping the partnership between the clubs could result in a future move.

There’s some expectation from former club Cipolletti, who own 25% of a future sale.

[@LMNeuquen via @Sport_Witness] pic.twitter.com/hU1KlRqp8g

— Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) January 24, 2020

">Sport Witness, and it concerns that of Montevideo City Torque striker Gustavo Del Prete.

The 23-year-old is reportedly 'closer to Manchester City' and is hoping the partnership between the two clubs could result in a future move.

Poveda completes Leeds United move

Possibly the most drawn out transfer of this window, but Leeds United have finally completed the transfer of Ian Carlo Poveda from Manchester City. Leeds earlier today confirmed that Poveda has joined the club for no initial fee, but there’s a possibility of it rising to £1 million if various targets are hit.

City also have a 30% sell-on clause instilled in the contract, but do not have a buy-back option. However, the club are set to be notified of any incoming bids he may have in the future and can decide whether they’d like to match them or not.

Earlier in the day, Stuart Rayner had already suggested that the four-and-a-half deal agreed with Leeds United was subject to a free transfer.

Image placeholder title
(Photo via @LUFC)

Follow us on Twitter for live transfer updates:

Montevideo City Torque striker Gustavo Del Prete (23) is ‘closer to Manchester City’ - hoping the partnership between the clubs could result in a future move.

There’s some expectation from former club Cipolletti, who own 25% of a future sale.

[@LMNeuquen via @Sport_Witness] pic.twitter.com/hU1KlRqp8g

— Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) January 24, 2020

">@City_Xtra

Comments

News

FEATURED
COMMUNITY