Raphael Varane has been speaking ahead of Sunday’s trip to Manchester City. The Manchester Derby is one of the most anticipated games of the season.
The Manchester United defender has been talking about the rivalry in particular and how important it is to the fans.
Varane has recently played on international duty for France. United fans were hoping that the defender would return fit.
Varane has come back to United without any injuries to note at the moment. The French defender has been great for United so far this season.
Haaland has been in fine form for City and will be looking to cause problems for both Varane and Martinez.
However, Varane is still notably one of the best centre backs in the world. On his day, Varane is a brick wall that can be hard to break down.
Speaking ahead of the derby, Varane has said; “I think it especially comes from the fans. I think the rivalry is very important for them and we respect that. And we want to make them happy, so we want to fight and to win against teams like City or Liverpool."
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- The Glazers Name Their Manchester United Sale Price | Dubai Interested
- New: Manchester United Midfielder Donny Van De Beek On Erik Ten Hag
- Erik Ten Hag Opens Up On His Initial Experience Of The Premier League
- Ex-Manchester United Star Says Marcus Rashford Should Be Worried By Antony Arrival
- Manchester United's 2022 Summer Transfer Window | Success Or Failure
- Erik Ten Hag Shares His Thoughts On Antony Not Being Premier League Proven
- Ex-Liverpool Star Questions Manchester United's Antony Signing
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon