Former Chelsea star Glen Johnson has explained why he thinks The Blues should try and sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.
After a disappointing season ending in failure to qualify for the Champions League, some believe that he could be considering leaving the club this summer.
Johnson spoke to Ggrecon “If he goes to Chelsea then he’d burn his bridges at Manchester United. From Chelsea’s perspective, he’s a massive brand and he may be expensive, but you’d probably make that money back in two weeks through shirt sales."
The superstar brings a lot with him when he comes to a football club - apart from just his performances.
"He may cost a fortune but the club would probably make more by just having him. Signing Ronaldo is like signing a commercial deal."
He finished: "I don’t think Ronaldo can change Chelsea’s fortunes as a player now, but I think having him in the dressing room would. On the pitch now, he’s not the Ronaldo we all want to see, but him being in the dressing room will get another 5% out of everyone around him.”
The 37 year old has one year left on his contract with The Red Devils, with an option to extend the deal for a further year.
Read More Manchester United Coverage
- Report: Xavi Hernandez Has Spoken About Manchester United Target Signing Transfer Frenkie De Jong And Barcelona
- Report: Erik Ten Hag Has Wasted No Time - Today He Already Has A List Of Target Signings After Meeting With Manchester United
- Erik Ten Hag's Transfer Planning In Trouble After Manchester United Missed Out On Four Desired Signing Targets
- Report: Manchester United Dream Signings For Striker And Midfield Erik Ten Hag - Dutchman Rebuild Plans
- Report: Frenkie De Jong Update By Fabrizio Romano - Manchester United Target Signing For Erik Ten Hag Rebuild
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon