Chelsea are now said to be considering a move to bring Cristiano Ronaldo to Stamford Bridge following Ronaldo’s desire to leave United however the Red Devils remain in their stance that the player is not for sale.
Ronaldo has reportedly told United that he would like to leave the club to play UEFA Champions League football next season and Chelsea are said to be monitoring the situation.
The striker still wants to achieve personal goals and win a number of trophies before he hangs up his boots and retires from football.
Ronaldo was not present at United training on Monday due to a family issue and has been told by the club he must report for the clubs pre season tour this week.
United remain firm in their stance - Ronaldo is not for sale however the striker is known to be able to force moves away from clubs should he want to leave this summer.
Chelsea’s new owner Todd Boehly has already met with Jorge Mendes and discussed Ronaldo during their meeting.
Now, David Ornstein has reported;
“Chelsea considering Cristiano Ronaldo move. Man Utd currently say not for sale but #CFC monitoring & not ruling out. Mendes talks continue - Boehly/Eghbali intrigued by idea. Tuchel admires 37yo but unclear if he would approve.”
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- Report: Dean Henderson Move From Manchester United To Nottingham Forest At Advanced Stage
- Report: Manchester United Target Jurrien Timber Has A High Chance Of Staying At Ajax This Summer
- Manchester United Full Premier League 22/23 Fixture Schedule With Downloadable Chart
- When Manchester United Face The Big Six In The 22/23 Premier League Season | Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham
- Ex Liverpool Star Claims It 'Wouldn't Be a Big Deal' to Strip Harry Maguire Of Manchester United Captaincy, But Wouldn't Choose Cristiano Ronaldo
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon