Dean Henderson is on the brink of departing Manchester United this summer as the goalkeeper searches for first team football at Nottingham Forest according to a new report.
United are set to continue with David De Gea as number one next season meaning Henderson would have to settle for being a back up keeper.
This option has never favoured Henderson as the Englishman searches for regular first team football.
Henderson was linked to Forest just days ago and now is at an advanced stage of joining the club.
The goalkeeper is set to join the newly promoted side on an initial loan deal with Forest wanting to add an option to buy to the deal.
"Dean Henderson’s move from Manchester United to Nottingham Forest at advanced stage. In past hour, Sky Sports News told United want straight loan - no option. Forest pushing for option. Henderson still expected to be Forest player next season."
United will be looking for Henderson to return to Old Trafford next summer as De Gea continues to age.
Henderson has impressed on loan before and had spent time at Sheffield United in the Premier League where he proved his ability on a regular basis.
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- Report: Xavi Hernandez Has Spoken About Manchester United Target Signing Transfer Frenkie De Jong And Barcelona
- Report: Erik Ten Hag Has Wasted No Time - Today He Already Has A List Of Target Signings After Meeting With Manchester United
- Erik Ten Hag's Transfer Planning In Trouble After Manchester United Missed Out On Four Desired Signing Targets
- Report: Manchester United Dream Signings For Striker And Midfield Erik Ten Hag - Dutchman Rebuild Plans
- Report: Frenkie De Jong Update By Fabrizio Romano - Manchester United Target Signing For Erik Ten Hag Rebuild
- Report: Frenkie De Jong To Manchester United 95% Complete
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon