Manchester United could be set to miss out on yet another transfer target this summer as a new report from The Netherlands has suggested that target Jurrien Timber has a high chance of staying at Ajax this summer.
United have already missed out on one target this summer, that being now Liverpool striker Darwin Nunez who United were heavily linked to.
The Red Devils are in the market to strengthen their defence which was seen as a priority position to strengthen in and had sounded out Timber as suitable signing.
However, Timber may now be set to stay at Ajax this summer as he searches for regular game time under a new contract at the Dutch club.
According to a new report from Mike Verweij of De Telegraaf;
"The chances of Timber staying in Amsterdam are now pretty big."
The report was then continued from Mike Verweij by The European Lad who said;
"The chances for Timber to remain at Ajax is becoming increasingly likely with the player going on holiday and will think about his future."
Erik Ten Hag could now have faced a major blow as he pursues the overhaul of his new United squad having possibly lost out on both a striker and priority defensive target.
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- Report: Xavi Hernandez Has Spoken About Manchester United Target Signing Transfer Frenkie De Jong And Barcelona
- Report: Erik Ten Hag Has Wasted No Time - Today He Already Has A List Of Target Signings After Meeting With Manchester United
- Erik Ten Hag's Transfer Planning In Trouble After Manchester United Missed Out On Four Desired Signing Targets
- Report: Manchester United Dream Signings For Striker And Midfield Erik Ten Hag - Dutchman Rebuild Plans
- Report: Frenkie De Jong Update By Fabrizio Romano - Manchester United Target Signing For Erik Ten Hag Rebuild
- Report: Frenkie De Jong To Manchester United 95% Complete
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon