SI Swimsuit rookie Emily DiDonato isn't your average model. She played on an all-boys hockey league for many years while growing up in upstate New York. She got her start in the industry when a family friend convinced her to go to New York City and meet with an agency. They liked her so much they signed her and she began work the next day. In addition to SI, Emily has modeled for Maybelline, Aldo, Guess, Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret and Georgia Armani. Want to know more? Here are 25 other random facts about Emily DiDonato.
1. I'm Italian and Irish but I'm also part Native American!
2. I grew up in Upstate New York with an older brother and an older sister.
3. My brother is a New York City cop and my dad is a retired New York City firefighter. I'm extremely proud of them both.
4. I played on an all boys hockey team for many years as a kid.
5. My favorite city besides New York is Cape Town.
6. I am afraid of needles. I pass out nearly every time I get a shot. I still bring my mom to the doctor when I can.
7. I went to my first concert just last year. I saw Beyonce in Atlantic City. It was AWESOME.
8. I'm extremely sensitive. A little over emotional. I blame it on being a Pisces.
9. I have a very very lazy left eye. It doesn't move to the left at all. It can only go right.
10. I worked as a hostess in a pizzeria as my first job. I still continued to work there even when I began working as a model. I loved it!
11. My Grandma gave me a 1996 Volkswagen black Beetle when I turned 16. I still drive it to this day. I love that car!
12. I've been wearing contacts since the third grade.
13. I love the TV show Hoarders. So weird and so good.
14. My family loves the outdoors. I grew up hiking, fishing, and camping. I was a total tomboy
15. I had braces for four years.
16. I can't function without my morning coffee.
17. I am a fitness freak. I workout everyday. Spinning, running, yoga, and Pilates. I like to stay active.
18. My mom is my best friend.
19. My favorite food is pizza. The only food I really hate is peppers.
20. I played basketball, soccer and lacrosse in high school. I love sports.
21. I am proud to have bought my first apartment in New York last year.
22. I don't know how to cook. Anything. I must work on that this year!
23. I have a horrible memory.
24. My family calls me WooWoo, Emmy-Woo, and Little Woo. I have no idea why.
25. After a long day of work my favorite thing to do is put on my sweatpants, veg out and watch horrible reality TV.