Jess Gomes is a pretty cool chick. She’s a swimsuit model, health enthusiast and has that killer Australian accent. But that wasn’t enough for her, was it? No, no. She had to take everything to a whole new level and get her racing license. Yes you heard that right -- racing license. Gomes took her talents to the race track to quench her need for speed. SwimDaily caught up with the six-time swimsuit model to get the scoop on her day at the track. Being the overachiever she is, Jess did her best David Letterman impression and gave us a list of 10 things being a race car driver made her realize.
1. Never, ever trust male drivers. I got hit! Luckily I didn't have to pay for damages :-)
2. An 'Apex' is a mark in which you must make to turn a corner on a race track.
3. Putting the pedal to the metal -- so important and so fun!
4. To break hard.
5. To drive smoothly.
6. I like driving on normal roads better.
7. I hate speeding.
8. I like traffic lights.
9. I'm sticking to my day job.
10. I have a new found respect for professional race car drivers.