Here at SI Swimsuit, we’re in the market of making dreams come true—hence the 25 beautiful women that graced the pages of this year’s Swimsuit issue.
Continuing in that tradition, we’re recreating a few of the most memorable road-trip moments from this year’s shoots, by giving away nine trips from Southwest Adventure Tours. A pivotal part of the Swimsuit planning process, Southwest Adventure Tours specializes in customized and pre-planned trips across the Southwest region, showcasing the vast landscapes and breathtaking views that this country has to offer.
So, since selfies are all the rage and we like to stay on trend, we’re asking you to grab your smartphone and your SI Swimsuit 2015 issue—and get creative. We’re looking for the most unique selfies of you, with your Swimsuit issue, in an unforgettable location. We except that you guys won’t disappoint.
To reward all of your hard effort, the top nine selfies will each win one amazing trip from Southwest Adventure Tours (values starting at $2190). Trips include: the Mighty 5 Tour (valued at $3798), the Grand Circle Experience (valued at $5398), and the 2-Day Zion & Bryce (valued at $2190). Airfare is not included in the prize packages. The top 40 selfies will also be featured in a gallery on Swim Daily.
Send in your selfies using the #SISwimSelfie. To be eligible to win you must be following @SI_Swimsuit on Twitter. Submissions will be accepted through 11:59pm EDT on Friday, April 3, 2015. Winners will be notified via Twitter and will have 24 hours to reply and provide a full name, street address and valid email address in order to claim their prize.
So create your perfect #SISwimSelfie and send it in! We can’t wait to see your creativity shine!
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIM SELFIE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
2. JUDGING: All qualified entries will be judged by the Sports Illustrated Editorial team based on the following criteria: Creativity (50%) and Appropriateness to contest theme (50%). Incomplete, inappropriate and /or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Winner Notification: If you are a potential winner, @ SI_Swimsuit will direct message you at your personal Twitter account to let you know that you are a Winner on or about Friday, April 10, 2015. Potential winners have 24 hours to reply and provide a full name, street address and valid email address in order for Sports Illustrated to award the travel certificates. If Sponsor does not hear from a potential winner within 24 hours, another potential winner can be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to reject or disqualify any entry for any reason, including but not limited to obscenity or offensiveness. Winners will be notified on or about April 10, 2015.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES: Nine (9) winners will each receive a travel voucher, valid for double occupancy, for a selected Southwest Adventure Tours trip. TRAVEL VOUCHERS DO NOT INCLUDE AIRFARE, ANY TRANSPORTATION TO THE START OF THE TOUR OR ANY TRANSPORTATION AT THE END OF THE TOUR. Tours include the Mighty 5 Tour (valued at $1899 per person or $3798 for two people), Grand Circle Tour (valued at $2699 per person or $5398 for two people) and 2-Day Zion & Bryce Tour (valued at $1095 per person or $2190 for two people). MIGHTY 5 TOUR: Day 1: Zion National Park includes seeing the red-and-white monoliths tower above Zion’s main canyon, which drops to a depth of 3,000 feet in southwestern Utah; hiking the East Canyon Overlook Trail for a bird’s-eye view of the canyon, or traverse the 3-mile Emerald Pools loop to see a trio of pools and waterfalls. Optional excursions (extra fees): canyoneering, rock climbing, mountain biking, horseback rides, and helicopter flights over the canyon. Lunch included. Hotel accommodations: LaQuinta Inn or similar. Day 2: Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks includes drive to Bryce Canyon through the Zion Canyon Tunnel and along scenic Highway 12, which zips past red-rock mountains and yawning slot canyons; see ethereal red-and-white hoodoos rise from the canyon floor in many different shapes and sizes. Those who are physically capable can descend into the canyon to walk amid the alien landscape. Optional excursions (extra fees): mountain-biking trips, horseback and ATV rides, and helicopter flights over the canyon. Breakfast & lunch included. Hotel accommodations: Ruby’s Inn or similar. Day 3: Bryce Canyon and Capital Reef National Parks includes rising early to watch the sun rise over Bryce Canyon before continuing on Highway 12 through the Canyons of Escalante and on to Capital Reef National Park; a trip to the Waterpocket Fold is Capital Reef’s most distinctive feature. Millions of years of erosion contributed to the 100-mile-long monocline’s twisting canyons, arches, and domes; a hike to the Hickman Bridge, a 133-foot natural bridge, or go down to the Grand Wash to explore the park’s deep canyons and narrows. Optional excursion (extra fees): horseback rides. Breakfast & lunch included. Hotel accommodations: Capital Reef Resort or similar. Day 4: Capital Reef and Canyonlands National Parks includes a hike to Mesa Arch for an up-close view of one of the most photographed arches in Canyonlands National Park; pause for a photo op at Dead Horse Point, a rock peninsula overlooking sheer sandstone cliffs and lofty mountain peaks, before heading into Moab for the night. Optional excursions (extra fees): ATV rides and a sunset Hummer tour. Breakfast & lunch included. Hotel accommodations: Moab Valley Inn or similar. Day 5: Arches National Park includes an-early morning hike brings you to Delicate Arch at sunrise; continue trekking through Arches National Park on a hike to Landscape Arch, one of the longest natural arches in the world; puzzle your way through Fiery Furnace with the help of a park ranger (permit required). The twisting canyons and gorges form a red-rock maze that can be tricky to navigate on your own. Optional excursions (extra fees): canyoneering, whitewater-rafting, mountain-biking, and rock-climbing trips; Jeep tours; ATV, horseback, and hot air balloon rides; and scenic flights over the canyon. Breakfast & lunch included. Hotel accommodations: Moab Valley Inn or similar. Day 6: Canyonlands National Park includes a trip to explore the other side of Canyonlands with hikes to Corona and Bowtie Arches or Morning Glory Bridge; a scenic drive along the Colorado River showcases ancient petroglyphs depicting animals, humans, and geometric patterns carved onto red-rock walls. Optional excursions (extra fees): mountain-biking and rock-climbing trips, horseback and ATV rides, and Jeep and Hummer tours. Breakfast included. Return to Radisson Airport Hotel Salt Lake City between 4:30-5:30pm. GRAND CIRCLE TOUR: Day 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park: Your journey begins in the morning at your independently booked accommodations on the Las Vegas Strip, where you'll be met by your guide and embark on the journey to Zion National Park. Here, you'll explore sites like the Great White Throne, Angel's Landing, the Court of the Patriarchs, and the Narrows. After watching the IMAX film "Treasure of the Gods," you'll spend the night in one of the cozy hotels of Springdale, Utah. Day 2 Zion NP to Page, AZ: Your morning starts with breakfast and a drive up the Zion switchbacks and through the east entrance toward Kanab, Utah, marveling at fantastic rock formations on the way to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Visit Cape Royal and the visitor center for some incredible views of this natural wonder, which you'll also enjoy during a picnic lunch at a panoramic overlook. Continue your journey to Page, Arizona, as you cross the Navajo Bridge spanning the Vermilion Cliffs, so named for its brilliantly crimson striations of sedimentary rock. Breakfast and lunch provided. Day 3 Float Trip & Antelope Canyon: Another dramatic drive brings you to the base of Glen Canyon Dam for a 14-mile float trip down the Colorado River, surrounded by deep sandstone canyons and including a stop to view some fascinating petroglyphs; alternatively, you can hop on a boat for a two-hour tour of Lake Powell. Leaving Page, you'll tour the mesmerizing undulations of Antelope Canyon with a Navajo local as your guide.You will enjoy the rest of the evening at leisure in Page, AZ. Breakfast and dinner provided. Day 4 Monument Valley: Today you will head to Kayenta, Arizona, for a late lunch before entering Monument Valley in an open-air truck. Admire the gigantic formations up close and towering on the horizon; you'll also visit filming spots for classic Western flicks and lesser-frequented outcroppings in the backcountry. Returning to the visitor center, you'll enjoy scenic, Navajo-inspired fine dining in the aptly named View Restaurant before continuing on to lodgings in Bluff, Utah. Breakfast and dinner provided. Day 5 Mesa Verde National Park: Start your day with breakfast at a local coffee shop before driving through the Navajo Reservation, stopping to shop and snap a shot at the famous Four Corners spot where Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah meet. Spare a moment to survey the northeast quadrant, because that's where you're heading—next stop: Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado. Here, you'll tour the dramatic ruins of ancient Pueblo cliff houses, built into shallow caves and under rock overhangs. Then, stop at viewpoints and a museum along the mesa top before heading through the San Juan Mountains for Durango, Colorado. This frontier town offers plenty of restaurants and shopping—just the place to enjoy your free evening. Breakfast provided. Day 6: Durango & Silverton Railroad: Score a true frontier experience with a steam engine train ride on the Durango and Silverton Railroad, an impressive track built in 1881 that snakes along the canyons of the Animas River Valley. It'll be lunchtime when you arrive in Silverton, and the Shady Lady—a former bordello and current restaurant—will be happy to accommodate. Then, trek the twisting turns of the Million Dollar Highway, stopping in Ouray for some shopping (and ice cream) before the final leg to Moab. Breakfast and lunch provided. Day 7:Arches National Park: Spend the day exploring Arches National Park and its 2,000 natural sandstone arches, up to 50 of which you'll experience firsthand as you hike to the Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch, Devil's Garden, and Courthouse Towers. Returning to the hotel, you'll have the afternoon free before an early dinner at a local brewery, giving you plenty of time to watch the sun set over the endless Canyonlands National Park. Breakfast and dinner provided. Day 8 Capitol Reef National Park: Today, you're treated to another scenic drive, this time on the way to Capitol Reef National Park, where you'll hike up to Hickman Bridge. Journey down Highway 12, known as the All American Road for its iconic vistas, before arriving at Bryce Canyon National Park, a Utah treasure filled with unearthly archways and rose-colored hoodoos. You'll spend the evening hiking the stunning canyon, relaxing, and dining in rustic elegance at The Lodge at Bryce Canyon Restaurant. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided. Day 9 Bryce Canyon National Park: Your last day in the Southwest's fantastic landscape starts with a stellar sendoff as the early morning sun lights up pink cliffs during an unforgettable sunrise in Bryce Canyon. After breakfast at The Lodge at Bryce Canyon Restaurant, you'll head back to Las Vegas, stopping for a few final views of Zion National Park from the Kolob Fingers and lunch at a local joint in St. George. Breakfast and lunch provided. 2-DAY ZION & BRYCE TOUR: Day 1 Zion National Park: This morning we depart at 8:00 am for our first destination, Zion National Park. As we enter this beautiful canyon you will be amazed at the 3,000 ft towering cliffs painted in deep reds, creams, and whites. We will spend the day touring the canyon. Hiking in the Virgin River Narrows, exploring the Weeping Wall, Emerald Pools, or East Canyon Overlook are all excellent ways to explore the area. You will interact with Zion's unique flora and fauna as we traverse the canyon. Late in the afternoon, we will depart the canyon through the east entrance for Bryce Canyon National Park. We will lodge for the night near the entrance of the park. In the summer there is a rodeo for those interested. Day 2 Bryce Canyon National Park: One of the most unique and surreal experiences you will ever have is Bryce Canyon at Sunrise. There are multiple places along the canyon rim to enjoy it. Our favorite is a one-mile stroll along the rim from Sunrise to Sunset points. For those more adventuresome, we recommend hiking the Queen's Garden/Navajo Loop trail. This three-mile, two-hour hike lets you travel through the hoodoos as the sun changes their hue and contrast against the blue sky and the green pine trees growing amongst them. Afterward, we return to the hotel for a late breakfast before venturing further into the park. Once we are finished and we have loaded our luggage, we will venture further into Bryce Canyon. We will visit Bryce Point, Natural Bridge, Rainbow Point, and Yovimpa Point. On a clear day we will be able to see Lake Powell and Page, AZ from these points. We will then say farewell to this scenic wonder and begin our journey back home. We will enjoy a late lunch as we travel back home. We will return by 6:00pm.
Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prizes. Winners will be required to furnish their social security numbers for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winners.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photos, and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photos. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photos, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 24 hours following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the questions and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, questions other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, including death, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner(s), available after April 10, 2015, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Adventure Tours Giveaways/SI, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is TI Media Solutions, Inc., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, 10020