The wait is finally over! Rookie Reveal Week has arrived. Throughout the week, SwimDaily will introduce our newest models with voting set to begin on Friday Feb. 3. Today, we meet Lais Ribeiro.
Lais, a native of rural Miguel Alves, Brazil, began modeling in 2009. She first appeared in the Brazilian version of ELLE, before moving to New York City in 2010. Unlike her leaner Eastern European counterparts, Lais’s curvaceous figure fueled her rise to the upper echelons of high fashion by early 2010. She has walked the runway for several of the world’s top designers — Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Michael Kors, Roberto Cavalli and Dolce & Gabanna, to name a few — but it was her first appearance at the VS Fashion Show which cemented her status as one of the world’s top models.
Lais will join the rest of the modeling crew at the VIBES by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit festival in Houston. The two-day event at Post HTX kicks off on Feb. 17 with a food festival featuring favorites from top national and regional chefs along with a performance by R&B sensation Miguel. On Saturday, a group of local Houston musicians will continue the fun before the headlining performance by Grammy Award-winning producer D.J. Diplo. Buy your tickets now!
As for Lais, here are five fun facts about the Brazilian bombshell.
1. She is dating basketball player Jared Homan, a former Iowa State college basketball player. The pair can be seen everywhere from the red carpet to the floor mats at their favorite gym. Jordan, by the way, grew up in an Iowa farming town with a population of just over 1,500. Anything is possible!
2. She has more fun with her friends than you do. This photo pretty much says it all.
3. She went skydiving on New Year’s. Well, that’s a bucket list item to cross off.
4. She was a zombie nun for Halloween. Her vivid costume of a dead, possibly excommunicated nun was one of the spookier options among her friends. Lais looks like a prime candidate for an exorcism and simultaneously super sexy. How does she do it?!
5. She's in incredible physical shape. And that's an understatement. While you’ve already abandoned your New Years resolution workout plan, Lais posts videos of her grueling workout routine.
BONUS: See more of Lais' career highlights!