The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Caroline Wozniacki talks to John Koblin for The New York Times about being blindsided by her breakup with Rory McIlroy.
“I don’t want to have my name stuck with him forever,” she said. “I’m my own person. I have my own career. The years we had together were great, and unfortunately, things had to end like they did.”
She added: “I know what I want out of a relationship in the future and what I don’t want. I’m happy being single right now.”
• S.L. Price's profile of Serena Williams is a must-read.
• Bees attacked Kimiko Date-Krumm and Venus Williams during their first round match today.
• A day in the life of the volunteer media: Nice behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to write on behalf of a tournament.
• From Tennis And Tunes: A U.S. Open drinking game.
• Non-tennis: Mo'ne Davis can ball.