Morning Bagel: Wozniacki's social calendar
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/22368232 w=400&h=225]
The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Sometimes you just have to let the tweets do the talking. A fantastic, unintentionally (?) hilarious recount of Caroline Wozniacki's social calendar, as told via her own tweets.
• A fun piece in The New York Times on "Cruising for (Tennis) Partners". As one who plays on the hipster-tastic courts of Dolores Park, I can tell you the description is dead-on.
• Doug Robson on the globalization of tennis.
• James LaRosa's annual U.S. Open Drinking Game. As Rafa would say, Vamos Responsibly, people.
• SI.com's U.S. Open roundtable picks.
• Steve Tignor on the glory (and heartbreak) of U.S. Open qualies.
• If tennis ever gets the long-read treatment, you know I will link to it. Great read on tennis rivalries.• Non-tennis: I was only able to catch the last 10 minutes of last night's MTV VMAs and let's just say I was left horribly scarred. What's going on with those pants, Lil' Wayne? Why do you have a box on your head, Katy Perry? What is Bruno Mars and how can I get away from it? But really, it was all worth it. Because Beyonce is pregnant. And she continues to be awesome.