The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Louisa Thomas is following Venus Williams at the U.S. Open. If this piece is any indication, her work will be a must read. Nice to see a champ get the treatment she deserves.
• While we're on the subject of Veuns, a fashion "mullet" is pretty much the best way to describe the "business in the front, party in the back" look she rocked Monday night.
• Some very helpful tips for attending the U.S. Open. They're basically the same as mine but with a little less alcohol.
• Can't attend the Open? Here's how you office drones can keep up.
• In case you missed it, rising German star Andrea Petkovic (who plays today) manned The Mailbag last week. The woman has personality in spades.
• Speaking of the Mailbag, adored Jon Wertheim's take on Serena Williams' and Andy Roddick's questionable antics.
• Here's a fun recap of last week's Taste of Tennis event, with great quotes from Vera Zvonareva, Janko Tipsarevic and Gilles Simon. And did I mention the pictures?
• Novak Djokovic: Pod man. Or not. He kind of disavowed it in his Monday press conference.details his celebrity meetings Serena Williams